Tuesday, December 1, 2015

It Has Been Too Long

It has been too long since I last posted to my blog.  Why has it been so long?  I feel like I've been buried with work, but is that just an excuse I'm making? Do my students feel like they are buried but still do what I ask of them? These and other questions are constantly running through my mind.  Am I the best teacher I can be? Am I challenging all of my students?  Am I frustrating any of my students because I am pushing them too fast?  Am I too strict in some situations and too lax in others?  How much credence should I give to my students' performances related to their state-mandated student learning objectives? 

I often wonder whether other teachers have all of these questions.  I'm an eighteen-year teaching veteran. Shouldn't I have all of the answers?  I hope these questions are all evidence of my desire to not become one of those teachers who "hangs it up" and coasts to retirement.  I don't want to be that teacher just like I don't want my students to coast to graduation and then look back at their high school experiences and realize they didn't do their best or have teachers like me push them.

As soon as I have all of the answers, I'll be concerned. Until then, I'll do my best to reach my students and help them excel as 21st century learners.

No comments:

Post a Comment