Sunday, November 24, 2013

A Cool App Called Stitcher

Podcasting is a world I haven't explored too much yet, but the more I learn about it, the more I like it. An app I found which makes it really easy to find podcasts on a variety of topics is Stitcher.  Available either online or at the Google Play store (I'm not sure if it is available on iOs, so let me know if you look for it for your iPhone),  this app will allow you to search for podcasts which interest you, and you'll probably find some on topics about which you have never thought before.  I'm now following podcasts about educational technology, but I'm also following some on writing and baseball.

Later this year I am hoping that all of my classes will be creating podcasts,  and Stitcher might let you get your feet wet with podcasts before you create your own.

Have a happy Thanksgiving, and I'll see you next week.

7 comments:

  1. I could imagine using this in class since I have an iPhone. I did a homemade podcast in 5th grade so I'll probably like this app.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my goal to have all of my students complete podcasts by the end of the year, so I might be asking you for some help since you have some experience in this area.

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a fun app.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This app could be fun to use in class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this app would be fun to use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this app seems good to use in class.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I personally like podcast because it is a lot easier to just talk into a microphone instead of knowing that you are being video taped. I think this will make people feel more comfortable and able to do better work than they would in a web show or something along those lines.

    ReplyDelete